Saturday, January 16, 2010

There is never enough time

Littlebirds,
The one thing I have learned as I get older is that time moves more quickly. I really don't know why that is. I just know that when you were all small babybirds there were days that seemed to be neverending. Stressful days filled with tons of dirty diapers, runny noses, temper tantrums, booboos, tears....but always lots of hugs. Now the minutes, hours, days and years just fly by and I feel like I am missing out on so much. I miss your hugs! :(

Having three of you so far away from the "mothernest" is very hard for me. Yes, I want you to be strong independent individuals. And yes, I am VERY PROUD of how you have turned out, but I just wish I could be nearer to share in both your happy and sad moments.

I am hoping to use this blog to share a few of my thoughts with you. As I read Facebook, receive your texts and phone calls, and occasional emails I will add a few seeds of advice here for you to pick up when you are hungry.

I know, I am weird. :) But, I hope that you will land here once in a while just to see if I might just know a little bit about love and life...and that something that I say here gives your wings a little lift for the day.

I love you with all my heart...forever!
Mom, Momma, Mother, and sometimes still Mommy

4 comments:

  1. I love you momma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty....You are my inspiration. Love reading your blogs...They inspire me to be a better person and a better mother, more than you will ever know.
    Keeping typing.....hopefully a book is in your future! love you dear friend Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you too mama. And im very excited to read them. You are now on my favorites list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you! Always my mommy :) Love carrie <3

    ReplyDelete