Thursday, February 18, 2010

Don't Drink The Koolaid...

So, I was watching Oprah again...I know...I need a life...but I really enjoy her shows! :) Anyway...she mentioned the old saying "don't drink the koolaid". I am certain I never used that one when you were growing up.

It means..."don't do something just because everyone else is doing it"..."don't follow the crowd"..."don't buckle under to peer pressure"..."DON'T compromise who you are so that you can fit in".

In other words...ALWAYS BE TRUE TO YOURSELF regardless of the circumstances you may find yourself in. After all, you will live your entire life either regretting or embracing the consequences of your actions.

My hope is that there are never any regrets...but if there are...you learned a valuable lesson along the way. XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment