Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Gratitude Attitide

I have been reminded more often than I care to remember just how important it is to be grateful. You should not only be grateful, but learn to express that gratitude!

Live your life being truly grateful for what you do have, not dwelling on what you don't have. We recently have been through a most difficult time as a family...losing someone so precious and innocent. My heart still hurts every day. I cry more often than I care to admit. But in all of that pain, I am grateful for the times that I got to hold Carter. I am grateful that he touched my life in a way that no one else ever can....and that he was a part of me and filled my life with joy...even if for too short of a time. Although I can not begin to know how Carrie feels every day, the depth of her sadness, I pray that someday she can focus on the happy times with Carter and not the loss of him. XXOO

I am grateful for countless things in my life. When I focus on those things I am filled with a happiness that words can not express. In those times it takes a lot to make me sad or angry.

My great grandmother often said to me "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar". Now while I did not understand why anyone would want to catch those pesky creatures, I did understand the underlying meaning. It is always better to deal with people in kindness and with a smile than to be unkind and a sourpuss. :) And if you are focusing on those things that you are grateful for it is easy to have a "gratitude attitude"...that can also be contagious. You will find that when you live with a happy, positive heart you will attract happy, positive energy from others.

And live longer, too! XXOO

3 comments:

  1. Thumbs up to a "gratitude attitude"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, that "anonymous" posting is mine (this is Rychel)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An attitude of gratitude and contentment is something I'm always trying to teach my kids. I don't know your story, but I'm sorry for your loss. I'm your new follower.

    ReplyDelete